Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lenny's e-cig Reviews

Hi everybody, it's Lenny again, this time to review a few of the best e-cigs yet from Smoke-Light.com, the 510 advanced model, the Ego-Advanced ,the Ego-T tank variant of the advanced Ego and lastly "The Screwdriver". If you are new to e-cigs I strongly suggest you start your adventure on the "Newbie" page.

First, I've got to admit, this will be one of the harder reviews I have written. All of these devices are the latest generation of the most popular e-cigs sold anywhere, and there simply are no losers. There are however, big differences between the three, and I will give you my honest impression of each one, pointing out the positives and negatives of each.

I had first tried the model 510 more than a year ago, as my first serious e-cigarette purchase. It is an excellent e-cig for the following reasons. One, it is the closest in tactile feel to a regular (or analog as serious vapers call tobacco cigarettes). At about 118 mm (battery, atomizer and cartridge) It is slightly larger than a 100 mm cigarette, is comfortable to hang onto for long periods, and has a respectable battery usage length between charges for the type of e-cig that it is.

This is a fine compact unit that looks at good as it works (excellently) uses a very high quality atomizer, produces a good volume of vapor, charges quickly and does a super job of emulating a tobacco cigarette, in terms of length, feel and in tobacco flavor tastes a lot like a tobacco cigarette--albeit a substitute that does not produce thousands of chemicals like tobacco cigarettes do, nor one that creates any kind of first or second hand smoke. The 510 is available in several colors, and starter kits, cartridges, accessories and parts are readily available at Smoke-Light.com a vendor that I personally use for my vaping needs. Anyone new to vaping would do well to consider the wildly popular 510 advanced.

Moving now to the E-go Advanced starter kit, let me point out a few differences from the 510. The Ego is best described as a supercharged 510--it shares the same atomizer and cartridge with the 510--but the biggest difference is the battery. The Ego's battery is much more powerful, and because of this it produces even more vapor than the 510, and more important to many is the charge lasts a lot longer. I was a very heavy smoker before I started "vaping", between 1 1/2 to 2 packs a day--for more than 40 years. You never want to be caught without a charged battery, any more than you ever wanted to run out of smokes.

You really want your battery to last the average day. I find, heavy vaper that I am, that the Ego lasts me for an entire day without needing a charge, and even into the following day and that is really convenient. Even given such a powerful battery, the Ego Advanced somehow manages to remain surprisingly light and very handsome. I love the feel of it in my hand. Ergonomically it's a dream.

The Bottom Line: The Ego Advanced is a vapor monster, producing copious amounts of warm vapor, and the battery is exactly what the heavy vaper wants. It is larger than the 510, but not uncomfortably so, very handsome and a great e-cigarette for someone who would rather trade the difference in size for the longer battery life. (tip) always have a spare battery charged so you are never without a device ready to use and a supply of cartridges. (Trust me, you'll be glad you do.)

Next up is the Ego Advanced-T which is exactly like the great Ego advanced reviewed above, but it uses an ingenious tank system which eliminates the need for cartridges. Instead of a cartridge, the tank model used a tank which transfers the smoke-juice directly to the atomizer bypassing the cartridge altogether. The tank is a translucent blue in the model I tested and it is very nice to be able to see the amount of remaining juice, when the tank is nearly empty, it can be easily re-filled. I use a blunt syringe to make the job of re-filling clean and simple.

Last but not least--"The Screwdriver"  I happen to love this bad boy, especially at home. It utilizes a powerful 3.7 volt, 900 mAh battery, which looks a lot like an AA battery, (no they are not the same) and it puts out a great deal of power for extended periods of time.  I'm a heavy vaper, and the SD battery lasts me all day long without having to swap batteries. The SD uses the venerable and reliable 901 atomizer and produces huge vapor.

Did I mention this thing is beautiful? It's all shiny chrome, (don't scratch it) it looks a lot like a short screwdriver in shape, but it's an attention getter for sure. It sports a ring where atomizer meets the battery that lights up red when you press the manual switch and blinks when you take too many puffs in a minute and at a different rate when the battery finally starts to wind down. The one thing about The Screwdriver you should know, is it's heavy. Much heavier than the 510 or the Ego's. This thing is heavy metal! I'm kinda used to the heft of it, and I like the feel of it in my hand. Like all things, it's a matter of taste.

 So, which to buy?

That depends on what your personal preferences are. If you want something thin and light, the model 510 is going to be a good fit, just make sure to carry a spare charged battery, or purchase an optional car charger. (they come in very handy)

If you want longer battery life and huge amounts of vapor both the Advanced Ego
Advanced E-go-T are excellent choices.  When I am going out I prefer the longer life battery of the Ego Advanced (and I admit l like the curious stares it evokes ;-). often at home I prefer my thin and light 510-- and I have spare charged batteries always available.

And if you want a mean, sleek attention grabber, grab a "Screwdriver"
The fact is, you will find something to like about any of these, and you will, if you're anything like me, will probably want something different to choose from!  ;-)

Now go shopping armed with the information to help you make an informed choice!

And remember to leave a comment to receive a 10% discount on your next order from Smoke-Light.com!


Lenny, the E-cig Guy



 




No comments:

Post a Comment