Tuesday, May 01, 2012

"It's the Economy"

Times are tough financially for a lot of people these days.

Many people struggle to make their mortgage payments, to buy medicines and pay for medical care. It strikes me that many of those people also smoke cigarettes, despite the cost, and despite the known health risks.

When we're trying to decide between food and medicine, the cigarette addiction/habit is an expense that is very hard for a lot of smokers to well, see our money go up in smoke.

Enter the electronic cigarette. We've all seen several articles comparing the chemicals emitted by burning tobacco compared with 'vaping' an electronic cigarette, but what we've seen less of is the financial advantage of switching from 'analog' cigarettes to their digital competition.

I personally, smoked two packs a day for 4 decades. Forty years of inhaling burning tobacco. When I finally traded my smoking habit for electronic cigarettes, I did it mostly out of concern of my second hand smoke, and the expense of smoking came in second. The smell, and social guilt over smoking came in third. (we don't know how bad cigarette smoke smells till we quit).

Back to money.

When I last smoked, cigarettes were ~$4 a pack, and I smoked two packs every day, 365 days a year. At $4 a pack X 2 packs a day, that's $8 a day, $56 a week, and $240 bucks a month!!! That's a car payment!

These days, after factoring in the cost of my e-cigs, replacement parts like atomizers and batteries, e-liquid, and miscellaneous accessories,  I'm paying less than $50 a month. Or less.

I'm saving a whopping $190 every single month I use my e-cigs compared with tobacco cigarettes, and I don't smell like an ashtray, I create zero second hand smoke, and I feel a hell of a lot better.

Being on a fixed income, saving $190 a month is huge for me, and I'm pretty sure it's a big concern for most smokers.

Now in addition to saving big money every month--a huge relief--I am very convinced I'm also a lot healthier. I know I have a better appetite, and breathing is much easier. It works for me, if you haven't tried an e-cigarette yet, or know a smoker who hasn't, I strongly suggest you direct them to our Smoke-Light.com website, and try out a starter kit. The 510 and Ego models are currently our best sellers, and you wont go wrong with either one.

And you'll feel a LOT better when the bills come due every month.

That's it for today, this is Lenny your friendly e-cig guy signing off, see you in my next message!


No comments:

Post a Comment